16 In Paris is a young-adult novel set in 19th-century France. It stars a teenage girl named Charlotte who:
- Attends a winter ball in a knockout gown she made herself
- Falls for an adorably idealistic young journalist
- Explores the city’s scintillating salon scene
- Meets real-life luminaries like Hector Berlioz and Francois Gerard
- Uncovers an outrageous family secret, and
- Protects her little brother when Paris erupts in a violent, real-life revolution.
One day I’d like to adapt the manuscript into an interactive e-book that brings a world of multimedia features and illustrative details to life. From music and artwork to expanded learning, the possibilities for engaging tween Francophiles are magnifique.